The good times are upon us. Warmer weather puts us in the mood for a long, luxurious swim and splash fights in the pool.
Can’t just dive right in, though. No, no, no. There’s always a bit of work before the party starts. Here are a couple of tips for getting your Sun Pools aboveground pool ready for fun and frolicking.
- Let’s get any standing water off the pool cover, so that we can remove it from the pool, clean it, and put it away.
- Check the water level of the pool. Too low? Add water.
- Time to give the pump and other equipment a wakeup call. Turn your system on and let it run, making sure there are no peculiar noises or leaks.
- The water will surely need chlorinating and a test of the water for its chemical composition. If the pH gets higher than 7.8, the water is too alkaline. That reduces the effectiveness of the chlorine — the pool chemical that kills pathogens. Adding muriatic acid will lower the pH.
- Vacuum the pool. Then jump in!
Sun Pools and Spas wishes you a great pool season. Since 1972, we have been the leader in pools, hot tubs, supplies, and service in the Green Brook, New Jersey area. We are a certified dealer of Jacuzzi Hot Tubs, as well as Doughboy and Sharkline swimming pools. Call us at (732) 752-2010.